Max Verstappen does not think much about becoming the world champion in the 2021 Formula 1 season.
- Verstappen believes that absence of thoughts about becoming the champion removes pressure.
- The Dutchman is set to perform at his best at Interlagos.
- Verstappen admits that he would like to change his racing number from 33 to 1 if he wins the title.
What he had to say:
- “Absolutely. How many times to you have the opportunity to drive with number one? And it’s good for merchandise as well so it’s smart to do that.”
- “In four races a lot of things can happen. We are looking good but things can change very quickly. I said it after the race in Mexico, I’ve had a bigger lead already in the championship and that disappeared within two races. So we have to again try to do the best we can here and again after this weekend we’ll try again to try and win the race. My approach every weekend is the same, we will not change it.”
- “It’s very simple, to be honest, if you don’t think about it, you don’t have any dreams or whatever. So I’m just really focused.”