Christian Horner has responded to the criticism that he has received due to his comments about Yuki Tsunoda in the Mexico City GP qualifying.
Why it matters: The Red Bull team principal believed that Tsunoda was at fault for affecting final Q3 attempts for both Sergio Perez and Max Verstappen, saying that “we got Tsunoda’d”.
- Horner thinks that the context of his quote has been misinterpreted.
- Horner admits that he has changed his opinion about the incident.
What he had to say:
- “I think the problem, if you look into into the context of what is said, these things, unfortunately social media has a habit of picking on certain lines and then exploiting them.”
- “It is important that you can still… it’d be a pretty boring world if you’re unable to comment on the performance of a driver.”
- “I think having had chance to consider it, I think in fairness to Yuki, perhaps he could have been helped a bit more with more information.”