Franz Tost is supporting Yuki Tsunoda, saying that he “didn’t make a mistake” by moving off the track in qualifying.
- Yuki Tsunoda ventured off the circuit during Q3 in Mexico to leave space for the Red Bull drivers to pass through, but Perez ran wide at the corner, ruining his final flying lap.
- The likes of Christian Horner and Helmut Marko pinned the blame on Tsunoda for costing the team a 1-2 finish in qualifying.
What he had to say:
- “He didn’t make a mistake. He did it deliberately. We said to him, the Red Bulls are coming, Perez is coming, and he deliberately went to the side not to disturb them or not to be in front of them.”
- “To be honest, I absolutely don’t understand why Perez went also off the track there.”
- “Yuki went to the side, as all the drivers do in qualifying to make [space] for the cars which are coming behind which on a qualifying lap. He was not on a qualifying lap. As easy as that. Therefore I don’t understand anything about this.”