Sergio Perez has reflected on a difficult day at the Mexico City Grand Prix, where he finished 4th in qualifying.
- Perez believes that it was possible to qualify 3rd.
- The Mexican has revealed what happened in the final minutes of Q3 in his incident with Yuki Tsunoda.
What he had to say:
- “I think my car was never the same since FP3 to qualifying. We had to do a couple of adjustments and once we got on top of it, all of a sudden, I find Yuki into Turn 11 and I lost a lot of downforce already into [turns] 8, 9, and that hurt a bit.”
- “The distraction was [down to] the fact that I was too close to him on braking. Once I [braked] there was no downforce and I just lost it. I think P3 was possible, but the Mercedes were too quick today.”
- “Yes, we had to change the rear wing and the car was never the same, to be honest. I don’t know how to explain it, but I think we will have a proper look to see if we are able to get on top of it and try to improve it for tomorrow’s race.”