Sergio Perez finished 4th in both free practices on Friday despite an incident in FP1, which resulted in rear wing damage.
- The Mexican believes that he can improve his single-lap pace.
- Perez hopes that Red Bull Racing will take the top two spots in Saturday’s qualifying.
What he had to say:
- “It was a shame that we damaged the car and we put a bit of extra work on the boys but, other than that, it was a positive day,” Perez told Sky Sports.
- “I’m feeling more comfortable over a long run than over one lap, so I think there is still potential to improve the car over one lap.”
- “It’s going to be very close with the Mercs tomorrow so, hopefully, we are able to lock out that front row.”