Lando Norris feels that McLaren “struggled a lot” during Friday practice and is far off the pace of the frontrunners.
- Both McLaren drivers have not posted good enough lap times to reach the top 10 in practice sessions on Friday.
- The McLaren pair of Daniel Ricciardo and Lando Norris were over 1.9 seconds shy of the fastest time in FP1 and over 1.6 seconds slower in FP2.
- Meanwhile, McLaren’s championship rival Ferrari is quick and well inside the top 10 in both sessions.
What he had to say:
- “We struggled a lot in FP1 and were quite a long way off the pace. It’s definitely turning out to be a bit more difficult than we were expecting coming here. Last [time] we weren’t necessarily great, but we still had a good qualifying. But our low fuel pace and even high fuel pace was quite a long way off today.“
- “So there’s definitely some work to do overnight to try and make some progress. I’m confident we can do it and I think we have some good directions to go in from the tests we did today.”