Christian Horner has given an update on the situation regarding the team orders at the Mexico City Grand Prix.
- Horner admits that the decision is difficult to make because of many circumstances.
- The Red Bull team principal assures that they would be happy to see Perez’s victory in home race.
What he head to say:
- “Our main objective is to win both championships, and both drivers know the task involved to achieve that.”
- “But, of course, so many scenarios, [so many] what ifs, can happen. It would depend on where our opponents are.”
- “So you can’t rule it out, you can’t rule it in. Our preference would be to see if Checo [Perez] were in that position for him to win his home race, there’s no bigger result for any home driver but, as a team, we have to keep an eye on both of these championships.”