Antonio Giovinazzi’s future in F1 is currently uncertain, but the Italian says it should not be too long before he receives the news.
- Following Kimi Raikkonen’s departure from the team, Valtteri Bottas will make a switch from Mercedes to fill the void.
- Alfa Romeo is yet to announce their second driver, with Giovinazzi competing with the likes of Guanyu Zhou for a 2022 seat.
What he had to say:
- “I don’t know if it’s good or bad news, but I have no news now. So we’ll see.”
- “We’ll see in the next weeks. Hopefully, it can be something [worked] out, but like I mentioned, I don’t know if it’s good or bad news.”
- “For sure it is not ideal to come to the track [and] you don’t know what you will do next year or what will happen, but it’s like this. Hopefully, we can know bad or good news soon, so at least we know what will happen and it will be better for everyone in the team.”