The Williams head of vehicle performance Dave Robson has confirmed that the team will skip the rookie testing at the Yas Marina Circuit.
Why it matters: The teams will have the opportunity to learn more about the 18-inch tires by using mule cars with adjusted suspension.
- Williams will not build a car for testing due to the lack of resources for that.
- Robson admits that skipping the Abu Dhabi testing will be a disadvantage for the team at the start of 2022.
What he had to say:
- “Unfortunately we won’t be doing anything. We won’t be running there as we don’t have a mule car and that stops us from running at the test.”
- “We know that the mule car would have been beneficial but unfortunately, at the time we had to commit to that, we just didn’t have the resource to do it.”
- “What will we ultimately lose? We will start winter testing probably a little bit on the back foot I would think. But I would hope that if the car is running well, we should be able to catch up quickly.”