Formula 1 race director Michael Masi said the Miami Grand Prix next year will not disappoint despite being based in a car park.
- The Miami Grand Prix will take place next year around the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens. It will be a street circuit although it will avoid largely public roads due to their agreement with the city council.
- Masi expects the race to deliver in terms of action and public interest despite being based in a car park.
What he said:
- “It’s far from a race in a car park, far from it, considering the level of work that is ongoing there in a number of areas. The facility’s coming along really, really well and will be something unique.”
- “They’re having to integrate an NFL season between all the work that they’re doing and sort of compartmentalize the areas of work they’re doing at the stadium.”
- “I think it’s a credit to them they were doing major work there last week then obviously had to put everything back to a level for the Dolphins game to happen on the weekend and start again sort of the following day.”
- “So Miami’s coming along really well.”