Toto Wolff indicated that he feels Christian Horner is behaving in a way that gains him extra “media time”.
- The championship battle between Red Bull’s Max Verstappen and Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton is arriving at its tense final stages.
- The release of Netflix series “Drive to Survive” and the evolution of the media over the years has led to an increasing spread of controversial quotes.
- Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff thinks that Christian Horner may be acting differently to gain more attention from the media.
What he had to say:
- ”I feel he is one of the protagonists in a pantomime,” Wolff remarked in an interview with the Daily Mail. “People have a microphone in front of them or a camera on them and they start to behave like little actors, like Hollywood.”
- “People have realised they are being quoted if they say controversial things. It gives them media time, it gets their picture in the newspapers.”