Helmut Marko has spoken about Max Verstappen’s chances of winning the 2021 Formula 1 world championship.
Why it matters: The Dutchman is currently in the position to win his maiden F1 world title with only five races to go in the 2021 season.
- Marko expects Red Bull to be quick in Mexico and Brazil – the tracks where Red Bull has been strong in the recent years.
- At the same time, the Red Bull Racing advisor believes that Red Bull’s advantage there might not be as significant as before.
What he had to say:
- “Looking at the remaining races, I think we have to win at least two more races to be reasonably safe or, let’s say, confident going into the final race,” Marko told Motorsport.com.
- “The high altitude tracks of Brazil and Mexico should suit us significantly better. It’s just that so much has already happened this season.”
- “So-called Mercedes tracks weren’t Mercedes tracks in the end and the same goes for Red Bull tracks.”