Lewis Hamilton has spoken about his thoughts regarding the 2021 F1 season and his championship fight with Max Verstappen.
Why it matters: With five races left in the 2021 campaign, Hamilton is 12 points behind Verstappen.
- The Mercedes driver believes that the current title battle is not the toughest.
- At the same time, Hamilton admits that this year has been difficult for him.
What he had to say:
- “No, I wouldn’t say so [that the battle with Verstappen is his most challenging]. I was just thinking about other ones, all the championships that I’ve fought in since I was 10,” Hamilton told Sky Sports.
- “There’s been so many difficult moments, and they’re all very similar in their own way, but all unique in their own way at the same time.”
- “It’s been the hardest year on so many levels, but there have been so many positives. I’ve really enjoyed it, even on the difficult days.”