Pierre Gasly has reflected on the difficult United States Grand Prix for him as he had to retire from the race after a suspension failure.
- Gasly believes that AlphaTauri was not able to compete with Ferrari and McLaren at COTA.
- The Frenchman emphasizes the importance of scoring points in the final stages of the season.
What he had to say:
- “It was quite eventful. We had a sensor problem on the grid, which the team managed to fix. But then after the start of the race, we had a suspension failure which got worse lap by lap until the moment it completely failed, so we had to retire the car.”
- “Being fully objective, I think we didn’t have the pace to fight the McLarens and Ferraris. But a ninth place, and the two cars in the points, was possible.”
- “It’s very frustrating because we know every point counts at this stage in our midfield battle. It would have been really good to go until the end of this race.”