George Russell found it challenging to come to grips with the COTA circuit, labeling it as a “very strange circuit”.
- Russell’s weekend was hindered before qualifying even began as the young Briton had taken an engine penalty earlier that week.
- Starting from the rear of the grid on Sunday, the Williams driver settled for 14th place in the Grand Prix.
What he had to say:
- “Just globally this weekend I struggled for pace. It’s a very strange circuit.”
- “I felt there wasn’t much adhesive grip from the tarmac and I think all the drivers were sliding around a lot and we just didn’t optimize that made the most of it.”
- I started last, made a good start, was 14th, and just stayed there. Nothing gained, nothing lost. And obviously, our rivals in Alfa didn’t score points.”