Valtteri Bottas is not concerned about the reliability of his current engines.
Why it matters: The Finn has got his sixth engine at last week’s United States Grand Prix.
- Bottas hopes that he will not have more engine penalties in 2021.
- The Mercedes driver believes that the misfortunes were caused by bad luck.
What he had to say:
- “I really hope we’re done for now. I think both of the engines that are good in my engine pool, they seem to be okay. We haven’t detected any issues with them, so fingers crossed I can go until the end now without penalties.”
- “I think it’s been just a question of I’ve been a bit more unlucky, it’s just before you fit the engine they have passed all the all the tests and reliability checks, and in theory, they should be okay.”
- “But just the luck has not been on my side on that, we’ve had more failures and just unlucky. But we really hope that we’ve now fixed everything, but time will show.”