Fernando Alonso has shared his vision of how rules should be applied in Formula 1.
Why it matters: The Spaniard was dissatisfied with the race direction’s actions during the United States GP.
- Alonso has nothing against the rules themselves.
- The Spaniard insists on fair interpretation of each on-track incident.
What he had to say:
- “We just need to put in place the rules. I think when you go in football, and you take the ball inside the area with a hand, it is a penalty. So there is no clarification of the rule [needed],” Alonso told Motorsport.com
- “You just need to take the decision and say that this is a penalty. Because if not, everyone will be inside the area with the ball in his hand.”
- “We don’t need any modification. We just need to implement the rules when it [an offence] happens.”