George Russell called his United States Grand Prix a “long, lonely race” as his Williams struggled to fight in the midfield.
- Russell finished the race in P14 after starting from the back of the grid.
- The Williams driver recalled a good start but then he struggled to keep up with the midfield competitors.
What he said:
- “We didn’t really have the pace this weekend to challenge for the points paying positions.”
- “I made a good start and moved from P20 to P14 but was then struggling to keep Fernando [Alonso] and Sebastian [Vettel] behind me.”
- “Once they were past it was a long, lonely race from then on. It was a tricky weekend overall but none of our rivals scored any points so it’s onwards to Mexico.”