Sergio Pérez revealed he felt ill before the United States Grand Prix, which he described as “horrible” due to his conditions.
- Pérez’s car suffered a failure with the drinking system, meaning the Mexican had no water for the entirety of the race.
- The Red Bull driver says it’s a shame he couldn’t keep up with his teammate Verstappen and Hamilton, but admits he’s had a “nice boost.”
What he said:
- “It was a horrible one. I was suffering from diarrhea in the morning, I don’t know. So, I hydrated myself well.”
- “But from lap 1 onwards I ran out of drink and the first stint I was struggling to make things properly losing strength. The last 30, 40 laps were tough.”
- “We have a nice boost but I am so much looking forward to Mexico. It’s a shame I couldn’t keep up with Lewis and Max. Mexico should be a good track for us.”