Charles Leclerc has commented on his United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of The Americas.
Why it matters: The Ferrari driver had a strong race, crossing the finish line 4th.
- Leclerc is delighted to see that Ferrari’s upgrades are successful.
- The Monegasque admits that he has believed that podium was possible.
What he had to say:
- “A very, very good race. A very boring race on my side but on the other hand it has been a very positive race for us. I mean the performance was incredible today and it’s great to see that on a track where we did not expect to be that quick.”
- “So a great surprise. I think all the upgrades are working as we want and it’s looking good for the future, so hopefully we can keep up that momentum for the rest of the season.”
- “The performance was just very, very good and I could see Sergio in front of me – only 10 seconds ahead – and actually in the last two stints I think we were a little bit quicker than them, so I was thinking about the podium but we just didn’t quite make it.”