Lewis Hamilton admitted that the upcoming races will be “definitely tough” for Mercedes, as he failed to win the United States Grand Prix against a strong Red Bull team.
- Mercedes had a difficult weekend at the Circuit of The Americas as Hamilton failed to take the victory of the race, and Bottas saw his performance damaged by a penalty due to PU changes.
- Hamilton said the upcoming races for Mercedes will be a challenge, and admitted that they were simply not fast enough at the United States.
What he said:
- “I’m not thinking about the 12-point gap just yet. Unfortunately, we were not fast enough to win the race today, but we look at it race by race. But the upcoming races will definitely be tough for us.”
- “We’re going to Mexico and Brazil soon and those are circuits where Red Bull are usually very strong.”
- “I don’t know what we could have done differently here,” he said regarding the USGP. “The team did a great job and I’m also happy with my own performance. Max came in extremely early for his first stop and it was clear that track position was the key.”