The FIA will have a conversation with the drivers after a controversial episode between Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen.
Why it matters: Raikkonen overtook Alonso despite leaving the track and the race control decided that the Finn should not give the position back.
- Michael Masi admits that he understands Alonso’s point of view.
- The episode will be reviewed at the upcoming drivers’ meeting.
What he had to say:
- “I can understand his [Alonso’s] frustration. The call in regards to him and Kimi at Turn 1 was certainly marginal.”
- “We certainly will have a discussion at the next drivers’ meeting with all of the drivers about it, because I think there was two parts to the story, let’s call it.”
- “There is being obviously the overtake and looking at the forcing off the track, and then obviously the subsequent element of the overtake. So it is something we will discuss at the next meeting.”