Yuki Tsunoda is “quite happy” with how qualifying unfolded on Saturday and is grateful for his team’s support.
- This weekend’s United States GP is Tsunoda’s first experience at COTA.
- The Japanese driver got to Q3 once again on Saturday and qualified behind teammate Pierre Gasly on row five.
What he had to say:
- “I’m quite happy with how it is today, especially as in FP3 it was quite bad pace, and even I was expecting it to be hard to go through to Q2.”
- “Overall it was good, but there is still the last bit – a few tenths or a bit more to my teammate so I need to improve. But it’s my first time in Austin. I just need to progress and build up the pace.”
- “The team have made lots of changes to the car across the weekend, which have helped a lot, so I want to say a big thank you to all the engineers and mechanics.”