Daniel Ricciardo has reflected on his experience of driving Dale Earnhardt’s 1984 Chevrolet Monte Carlo car.
Why it matters: Ricciardo drove the car of his childhood hero Earnhardt at COTA on Saturday as a part of the bet with Zak Brown.
- The Australian admits that he has enjoyed driving the car.
- Ricciardo is happy that it has taken place during a race weekend.
What he had to say:
- “I think everyone’s very glad I wore an open face helmet. It was sick, it was so much fun.”
- “It’s so different as well, so I’m definitely going to get my kicks out of it, just because it’s so raw and foreign. The noise, smashing gears, the driving position, everything’s quite unique. It’s one of Dale’s cars, one of my all time heroes, so that was surreal.”
- “I think to do it here as well… like if we’d rented a private track, it wouldn’t have had the same effect, so I’m really grateful that Zak flew it out here.”