Charles Leclerc has reflected on his performance in the United States Grand Prix qualifying.
Why it matters: Leclerc will start Sunday’s race at the Circuit of The Americas 4th after Valtteri Bottas’ engine penalty.
- The Monegasque admits that he has had struggles throughout the day.
- Leclerc is delighted that both Ferraris have outqualified McLarens.
What he had to say:
- “Very happy with today and with the whole weekend to be honest. But especially with today, because, personally, it hasn’t been easy today. In FP3, the first run went very, very well, and then in the second run of FP3 we tried something and I lost completely the confidence in the car and I was struggling a lot with the rear end of the car.”
- “So in Q1, we decided to do a bit of a different plan, do it going for a bit more laps than usual, and that helped me gain the confidence back in the car.”
- “And then we went into Q2, did that great lap with the medium in the first run, which helped us to go into Q3 with those medium tyres – and Q3 went very well so very happy that both of our cars have outqualified the McLarens, which was the goal today.”