Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has praised his driver Sergio Pérez for his great performance during qualifying for the United States Grand Prix.
Why it matters: Pérez qualified third for tomorrow’s race, meaning both he and Verstappen (who qualified on pole) will be fighting second-placed Lewis Hamilton.
- Horner praised Pérez for his performance in qualifying, saying the Mexican has improved after struggling earlier in the season.
- The team principal says it’s the first time they’ll have both cars fighting against one (Hamilton).
What he said:
- “Checo is on fire! He’s been pretty happy with the car. I thought he was going to get his first pole position! A little bit of rain at the end maybe cost him a little bit.”
- “Another massive performance from Max, keeping his head, was phenomenal.”
- “We know Checo races so well. Qualifying has been his struggle this year but he’s right there. It’s the first time we’ve got two cars against one. It’s the first time in the hybrid era someone other than Mercedes is on pole here, so it’s another milestone for us.”