Lewis Hamilton admitted struggling to keep up with Red Bull in a qualifying session he called as not one of his favorites.
- Hamilton qualified second for the United States Grand Prix behind Max Verstappen.
- Despite struggling in today’s session, the British driver said he’ll give it everything in tomorrow’s Grand Prix, hoping to get a good start.
What he said:
- “We saw signs of [Red Bull improving] all weekend, so it’s [Red Bull’s performance] not a surprise. We looked good in FP1, the wind changed direction today and we struggled to keep up with these guys.
- “Not my favorite of days but we can fight tomorrow.”
- “I’ll give it everything I can tomorrow and hope I get a good start. They’ve had better starts than us this year, Max in particular, but I’ll give my best at the start and into turn one is an opportunity.”
- “Tomorrow will be tough, tire wear is aggressive. It’ll be interesting to see what different strategies we can do. They’ve got two Red Bulls up there and I’m on my own.”