Max Verstappen has reflected on a challenging opening day of the United States Grand Prix.
Why it matters: The Dutchman was only the 8th quickest driver in FP2 as he had had issues with traffic, including an encounter with the championship rival Lewis Hamilton.
- Verstappen admits that he does not know what has happened between him and Hamilton.
- The Red Bull Racing driver believes that it is quite difficult to find right settings for the car.
What he had to say:
- “I don’t know. I mean, we’re all lining up to go for a lap, so I don’t really understand what happened there.”
- “But, overall, it’s not easy out there, the track is quite bumpy, and to find the right compromise with the car hasn’t been the easiest so far.”
- “It didn’t particularly feel bad on the short run, it was just a mess with the traffic.”