Daniel Ricciardo has commented on the opening day of the United States Grand Prix.
Why it matters: The Australian ended Friday on a high with the P5 results in FP2.
- Ricciardo emphasizes the challenges brought by bumps and high temperatures.
- The McLaren driver reveals that his goal for the weekend is to have less issues than anyone else.
What he had to say:
- “It was a decent day. I think everyone was certainly, not struggling, but fighting the car a bit. It was hot and the grip was pretty low, the tires dropped off quite a lot already after a lap.”
- “Of course we know the track is quite bumpy, so it definitely throws you around. It was challenging, but it was also quite fun.”
- “The aim this weekend is to struggle less than everyone else, and I think we’re in a good position. Both of us were top five so that was solid.”