Charles Leclerc reported that the bumps and high temperatures at COTA during free practice created complications for the team.
- Charles Leclerc ended Friday 4th fastest in FP1 and 7th in FP2.
- However, the Monegasque explained that the bumps that caused concerns before the weekend arrived made the track difficult to traverse.
- Ferrari is also struggling with tire temperatures, with the circuit reaching around 40 degrees celcius by the start of FP2.
What he had to say:
- “In terms of our sessions, we ran through the planned program, testing a bit of everything. What was challenging were the bumps on the track which made it very tricky to drive.”
- “With temperatures running quite high, tire management was a key factor. Tires overheated, especially in the third sector. You have to find a perfect balance between pushing in the first sector while losing time in the last one, or saving the tires in the first part to be quicker at the end of your lap.”
- “We will do some more work in FP3 to understand how to optimize this ahead of qualifying tomorrow.”