Nicholas Latifi believes that Williams is confident enough to shoot for a Q2 appearance for each Grand Prix.
- The Williams pair Latifi and George Russell have claimed a combined 19 appearances in Q2. Russell has managed to scrape through into Q3 four times.
- Latifi now views Q2 as the team’s benchmark after the its gradual resurgence this year.
- Even after an uncertain Friday practice run for the British marque, Latifi still believes reaching Q2 is the possible.
What he had to say:
- “I think going into every weekend now Q2 is the absolute minimum goal that we try to shoot for.”
- “Irrespective of the pace not looking so competitive today I think we’re still in a good window to try and achieve that. Then beyond that we have to wait and see.”
- “I still think it’s not going to be clear cut to do that, we do have a lot of work to do. I think in previous races, we’ve probably been a bit more confident in where we felt after Friday. So that’s part of the game, we’ve got to do some homework tonight and see what we can do.”