Lewis Hamilton is happy with his team’s performance on Friday but admits there’s still room for improvement.
- Mercedes topped the standings in FP1 with Bottas first followed by Hamilton. However, in FP2 they finished 4th and 3rd respectively.
- Hamilton admits there is still room for improvements, and that he wasn’t happy with the way FP2 turned out.
What he said:
- “Generally, it’s been a good day, but [there’s] still work to do,” Hamilton said after Friday’s second session. “It’s the way it is. FP1 was a really good session, we made some changes, and I wasn’t happy in FP2.”
- “Still, not such bad pace, but I think we lost some ground to everyone, or they gained ground. So we have some work to do tonight, as always.”
- “It’s not an easy car to set up in general, but I think there was plenty of findings from today we should be able to navigate.”