Alpine’s Fernando Alonso admits Friday has been a difficult day for him at Circuit of The Americas.
- Alonso had mechanical problems during FP1 and crashed into the barriers in FP2.
- The Spaniard admits there’s still work to do and hopes to have a smoother Saturday with FP3 and qualifying.
What he said:
- “It was not the easiest day out there for us. We had an issue in FP1, but our mechanics fixed it very quickly which was good, and we got some running in.
- “It’s quite demanding here with the bumpy surface and track conditions. I clipped the barrier at the end of the session, so it shows how challenging it is.”
- “It’s difficult to know where we are in the timesheets, but there is definitely some work for us to do t onight. Let’s see what we can do tomorrow and hopefully we have a slightly smoother day.”