Mercedes is struggling with their engines as Valtteri Bottas received the 6th unit for this weekend. Now, Wolff admits Lewis Hamilton might face the same fate.
- The Mercedes team principal admitted there’s a risk that Hamilton will receive a new engine for the United States Grand Prix.
- Wolff stated it is still under discussions and no decision has been made as of yet.
What he said:
- “I can’t say whether we will be taking one and what the percentage is but obviously the risk is still there.”
- “What is difficult to evaluate is, do you want to pre-empt the situation and take another penalty and take the hit, or do you want to really run it and then possibly risk a DNF.”
- “That is a discussion that is happening as we speak and we haven’t come to the right answers yet.”