Carlos Sainz has shared his thoughts about the 2022 Formula 1 calendar that was revealed last week.
Why it matters: There will be record-breaking 23 Grand Prix events in F1 in 2022.
- Sainz admits that the drivers need to work out how to stay fresh for the entire season.
- The Ferrari driver reveals that he will do his best to stay in a good shape in the closing stages of the season.
What he had to say:
- “I think next year is going to be tough for everyone. It’s no secret that is going to be the most demanding season in F1 history.”
- “And as drivers we are going to need to adapt, we’re going to need to make sure we stay on high energy levels, and control a bit the way we do things to make sure we arrive fresh to the end of the year where the back to backs start to happen, and where the big travelling days start to happen.”
- “I’m sure I will do my my due diligence with my people back at home to put together a plan to arrive to the second half of the of the season as fresh as I can be.”