George Russell says that he is finding new excitement in exploring the engineering aspect of F1 and finding set-ups for his car.
- Only six races remain in the 2021 F1 season and the teams start to wrapping up further production on their current packages.
- This leaves the teams to find extra pace by tweaking the set-up of the car to find the right combinations for each circuit.
- Russell explains that while it is not exactly his job within the team, he has found enjoyment in this process.
What he had to say:
- “I think we probably developed this as far into the season as most, or as the majority of the teams. But I think it’s given us a unique situation to try more things from a race engineer perspective, trying different set-ups on the car, we know the package we’ve got, we know we’ve got nothing more to bring.”
- “So what can we do with the package, we’ve got to try and find even more performance.”
- “I’m enjoying that, delving into the engineering side even more to try new things. To be honest, since the summer break, we’ve been trying a lot of different directions and philosophies with the set-up of the car, and I’m just enjoying that side of things and expanding my knowledge further on the technical side of things.”