Daniel Ricciardo is impressed with how Max Verstappen has improved during his Formula 1 career.
- Ricciardo believes that Verstappen has overcome the issues that he had at the start of his career.
- The Australian sees his former Red Bull Racing teammate as the championship favorite.
What he had to say:
- “I think there was that stage in Max’s young career where he had the speed but there was still a few,call it mistakes or a bit of over-anxiousness or eagerness, but he quickly cleared that up.”
- “I think it was 2018 was really the year where he learned from that and then the second half of his season was really strong and you could see that click in maturity on track. And the last few seasons have been pretty immense.”
- “I don’t really see, although Lewis has the experience of already winning world titles, I don’t really see that as an advantage now. I think they’re both capable, I mean Lewis has proven it but I think Max is capable. I think he’s got a pretty stable head on his shoulders now.”