Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton hopes to win all remaining races and maximize points as he battles for the championship title with Red Bull’s Max Verstappen.
Why it matters: The British driver is 6 points behind championship leader Verstappen in the driver standings.
- Hamilton admitted maximizing points will be difficult in the championship fight.
- The British driver admitted Mexico is not going to be strong for Mercedes.
What he said:
- “It’s important to win every race, or maximize our points. That’s our goal over these next six races.”
- “It’s going to be incredibly difficult, and there will be moments where perhaps we can edge them out. I don’t like to assume that Mexico is not going to be strong, but they are usually very strong in Mexico.”
- “A lot can happen in these six races, so I think we just take it one race at a time and give it everything we got.”