Dave Robson hails Nicholas Latifi’s progress at Williams in the 2021 Formula 1 season.
Why it matters: The Canadian has shown significant improvement in his second season in F1 as well as he has scored his first championship points.
- Robson thinks that the combination of better teamwork and a quicker car has helped Latifi.
- The Williams head of vehicle performance supposes that Latifi has put some pressure on George Russell.
What he had to say:
- “There’s little substitute for experience. He’s clearly benefiting from that.”
- “He’s got a good group of people around him and they’ve really started to gel and work really well together, which has probably take a little bit of time as it always would. And actually, this car now is so much better than it was 12 months ago, that gives him an opportunity, I think.”
- “He’s been extremely good for the last six, seven, eight races. He’s been strong and he’s been pushing George very hard.”