Alex Albon has reflected on his activity as the Red Bull Racing test and reserve driver in the 2021 F1 season.
- Albon admits that he is glad to see the results of his work on the race track.
- Albon reveals that the race weekend in the simulator is even more intense than in the real car.
What he had to say:
- “It’s been surprisingly enjoyable,” Albon told the Red Bull website.
- “To see the work you do in the simulator get transitioned onto the track is pretty rewarding. It’s always nice to hear the comments from the drivers saying: ‘Yeah, this was better.’ You then know we did the right thing in the simulator.”
- “It’s busier than when I was racing in F1. When you’re driving in F1 and racing every weekend it feels kind of hectic, but now it’s even more hectic!”