Mick Schumacher’s rookie season in F1 has impressed Ayao Komatsu, who has emphasized the German’s focus on improvement.
- Mick Schumacher experienced some rocky patches earlier this season, but always bounced back. Recently, he displayed brilliant pace at the Turkish GP, securing a Q2 position for Haas.
- Ayao Komatsu, the chief race engineer at Haas, revealed that Schumacher’s attitude has been respectable, including during negative moments.
What he had to say:
- “I think Mick works really hard. Whether he has a good weekend or bad weekend, he’s really self-critical, in a good way.”
- “He’s always looking for areas to improve. When he’s talking about ‘okay, I’ve done this wrong, I need to improve this’, it doesn’t actually depress him. It just gives him more extra motivation. So he’s always looking at himself as well as other things he can influence.”
- “He also works really hard with his engineers, and they are motivated by Mick’s attitude as well. So it works both ways.”