Toto Wolff admits that Mercedes likes the competition against Red Bull Racing and is ready for the season finale.
Why it matters: With six races to go in the 2021 F1 season, 36 points separate the Constructors’ Championship leaders.
- Wolff believes that the team’s approach to the championship battle is beneficial for the Silver Arrows.
- The Mercedes team principal has optimistic mindset for the upcoming races.
What he had to say:
- “It’s been seven years that we have been able to set the benchmark. This year it’s much tougher, we know why,” Wolff told Sky Sports.
- “In the same way, we enjoy the fight. It comes with a certain easiness and I think that is advantageous in our situation. We have two strong drivers.”
- “I’m really looking forward for the next races. It doesn’t feel at all difficult or painful. Things will happen as they need to happen, but it’s good fun.”