Daniel Ricciardo believes that having a close relationship between team members is vital for success and happiness in F1.
- F1 team members travel great distances from their homes throughout the year.
- Team members need each other to succeed in the sport and also to develop close relationships.
What he had to say:
- “I think it’s really important, for the team, to have close relationships with other members of the team, because [we’re] away from families for long periods of time, especially [during] the tripleheaders.”
- “So you need to rely on your teammates to help you out if you’re a little down, or missing home, or whatever it is.”
- “I think having that, let’s say, social life outside of the paddock on a race weekend helps break up the weekend as well.”