Sebastian Vettel has shared his thoughts about the new Formula 1 calendar.
Why it matters: The 2022 F1 calendar has been revealed this Friday with 23 events confirmed.
- Vettel does not support the concept of that many races in the calendar.
- The German believes that more races put more pressure on the staff and make events less exciting.
What he had to say:
- “This is only my opinion, and it’s not worth anything, but I think we should not have that many races.”
- “It’s for a number of reasons. I think one, maybe it’s too many races for the people to watch. It’s not special any more, if there’s that many.”
- “And second, I feel for [the staff]. Us drivers, we are at the good side of things: we can arrive on a Wednesday night and leave if we find a flight etcetera on a Sunday night. But the team already has a lot more stress. They arrived Monday or Saturday the week before, they build the garage, prepare the cars, and then also they have to run the full week and then pack down, send everything back, and prepare back in the factory.”