Fernando Alonso has rated his performance in his comeback Formula 1 season, stating that there are some aspects that he needs to learn.
- Alonso admits that he still has questions regarding the tire performance.
- Apart from difficulties with tires, the Alpine driver feels comfortable after returning to the sport.
What he had to say:
- “It’s still difficult for me to understand where the tire’s performance is,” Alonso told Auto Motor und Sport.
- “If you do a different preparation on the out lap, or if you encounter traffic, the tire seems to behave differently as soon as you push and start the lap.”
- “I haven’t fully understood that yet, [so] I would say I’m at 95 percent. Other than that, I’m OK.”