Andrew Shovlin has reflected on Mercedes’ performance at last week’s Turkish Grand Prix.
- Shovlin believes that Mercedes is capable of winning both Drivers’ and Constructors’ championships.
- The Mercedes trackside engineering director thinks that Mercedes should keep its current form at COTA.
What he had to say:
- “We’ve had another good run of form in the dry, we’ve shown good pace in Turkey in the wet, and it looks like a car that can win championships.”
- “It’s hard to say [whether Mercedes will be the favorite at the United States GP]. We’ve got to go to all these races looking at what’s going to catch us out, not what’s going to be great and easy for us. We don’t really take that kind of approach.”
- “But there’s no reason to think we shouldn’t be strong in Austin. We did good preparation for Turkey, and the car’s been in the right window, and that’s the thing we need to make sure we do correctly for the next race.”