HWA has announced that the team will cease its Formula 2 operations at the end of this year’s campaign.
Why it matters: It has been announced earlier this week that Van Amersfoort Racing will replace HWA in Formula 3 in 2022.
- HWA is currently 11th in the Teams’ Championship with 9 points scored.
- The team that will replace HWA in F2 is yet to be announced.
- “After three eventful years, the HWA Racelab team will withdraw from both FIA Formula 3 and FIA Formula 2 at the end of the season and will forego future activities in these two series.”
- “HWA AG came to this decision in the wake of the current business planning and the resource allocation required to pursue this strategy.”
- “The HWA Racelab team would like to thank all its partners and supporters for the cooperation over the past few years, as well as all those involved in the teams and racing series. We have gained a lot of experience, which we will use in future projects together.”