Carlos Sainz backs Ferrari’s decision to replace the power unit, saying that the Turkish Grand Prix was a great time to replace it.
- Carlos Sainz took a grid penalty for the Turkish Grand Prix after getting a new power unit.
- Sainz made the most of the new engine and raced from the back of the grid to finish eighth, despite challenging conditions
- Following Ferrari’s improvements in Turkey, the Spaniard says that the team’s decision was the right one.
What he had to say:
- “No, I wouldn’t change the decision, I think it was the perfect race to take the penalty to then do a comeback.”
- “Of course, without the penalty with the old engine I would have been able to start more up front, but in a long season you need to put everything into perspective and this is a development that is giving us a bit of performance.”
- “So, I think the decision is taken correctly and we put it in as soon as we can, and it has given me also today the opportunity to make it back through the field.