Max Verstappen believes that Red Bull needs improvements in order to stay in the title contention.
Why it matters: Red Bull Racing is currently 36 points away from Mercedes in the Constructors’ Championship.
- Verstappen admits that Mercedes was quicker than Red Bull on the track where they had equal chances.
- The Dutchman is sure that Red Bull needs to improve straight-line speed.
What he had to say:
- “Of course, overall, I think we have been at tracks that naturally were a bit better for Mercedes, but then this track was a bit unknown, and clearly they were ahead of us,” Verstappen told Sky Sports.
- “I do think we need to step it up a bit to be in the fight until the end of the season.”
- “It’s what we have to live with, it’s not going to magically disappear, but of course, we’ll try to minimize the damage on the straights.”