Michael Masi believes that Lewis Hamilton and Sergio Perez had a fair battle during the Turkish Grand Prix.
Why it matters: Hamilton and Perez had a tight battle and the Mexican even went through the left side of the pit entry bollard. However, no one was penalized.
- Masi believes that both drivers raced in a proper way.
- The F1 race director reveals that neither Mercedes nor Red Bull complained to the direction.
What he had to say:
- “I had a look at it, absolutely, but our regulations state in the notes that you only have to keep to the left of the bollard if you’re committed to entering [the] pit lane.”
- “So [there was] nothing in it. It was good, hard racing between the two of them.”
- “Neither team, funnily enough, raised a question. Neither Mercedes nor Red Bull. Good, hard fight, play on.”